CBD and Body Effects
CBD use has been increasing of late and there are now many products that are sold that contain this cannabis component. Many states throughout the US have started to pass legislation on the production and sale of cannabis products and a number of research studies have been carried out to determine the effects it has on your body. As more studies are conducted, the US government has become quite open to the use of CBD and is committed to determining how it can improve quality of life or health.
With many products being developed, there are various strains of cannabis that are being used for different health reasons. Some will contain high THC and low CBD like the Gorilla Glue strain, while others have a higher content. A product that has a higher content will not have any psychoactive effects, so users will not feel high, but will still receive positive benefits.
How CBD Works
When CBD enter your body, they bind to receptors and proteins that are located throughout the body in cells. In the nervous system, cannabinoid receptors CB1 and CB2 are found. These receptors are most affected by THC and CBD does not bind strongly to them. It will bond to other receptors that will influence mood, sleep, and pain levels.
These receptors are all part of a larger system known as the endocannabinoid system. This has three major components, including the receptors mentioned, endocannabinoids, and enzymes. It is the first two that play a major role in the effects of this substance on your body.
Major Benefits of CBD
Since cannabidiol products do not have a psychoactive property, they are a chosen option for therapeutic use and are currently being used to help with a number of health problems, from anxiety to physical ailments like arthritis pain. Over the past few years, much research has been done on the effects of CBD on your body and these studies have shown positive outcomes when CBD is used to help treat a variety of issues. It also has an impact on the nervous system and is often used to assist with pain management.
Here, we take a close look at different things that have been positively affected by CBD use.
- Anxiety – Much research has been done to support the positive effects on those that suffer from anxiety. Those that use a CBD product have had improvements in their abilities to perform daily functions and anxiety symptoms have been reduced. Those suffering from depression will also get relief.
- Pain Management and Relief – One main attribute of CBD is the ability to fight pain. Marijuana has been used for pain management since 2900 BC and scientists have found that cannabidiol and other components of marijuana are effective in reducing pain sensations. Some countries have already approved an oral spray that helps with pain associated with multiple sclerosis. Cannabidiol is also an anti-inflammatory, so it can be quite effective in helping with pain involved with arthritis and other ailments that lead to chronic pain.
- Heart Health Benefits – The results of studies have shown that CBD can help the circulatory system and heart health and can also lower high blood pressure. One study found that 600 mg of CBD oil was successful in reducing the resting blood pressure in healthy men.
- Brain Protection – The antioxidants can fight stress that is battled by cells have properties that can provide certain levels of protection for the brain. The antioxidant properties of CBD are more effective than popular substances, including Vitamin C and Vitamin E.
Getting the Best CBD
In order to enjoy the positive benefits of high-quality CBD, you need to choose the right products. There are many companies that are distributing products that contain CBD that may not be beneficial at all. Some people will be looking to save on cost, which can lead them to purchasing products online that have inferior ingredients. To make sure you are getting the highest quality, here are three things to look for in products.
- Paperwork – Quality companies will offer paperwork with everything that is sold and this will include lab results. This paperwork ensures you know exactly what ingredients are being used.
- Avoid Added Oils – Some companies are looking for quantity over quality and will create products using oils like soy, canola, or sunflower. Modified oils are not good for your health, so it is important to avoid any created products that use these as fillers.
- Organic Ingredients – Organic products are healthier overall, and the same is true with CBD. Using organic edibles will ensure that you are ingesting only the finest ingredients that do not have harmful side effects.
Article written by Lana Jones of askgrowers.com